Cutting B&Q Speedstone Quartz worktop
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hokydokybloky
Labourer
Labourer

Cutting B&Q Speedstone Quartz worktop

by hokydokybloky » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:51 am

Hi
I noticed the speedstone Quartz worktops were half price in my local B&Q and i thought i might but it and try my hand at cutting it myself,if at all possible.
Just wondering if i could use a disc cutter with a diamond blade to cut out for the sink and hob?
I've been told "Whoa there!,you can't cut it yourself,it will shatter,it's gotta be done by professionals."
Looking at the make up of the worktops the stone itself isn't that thick,most of it is made of Mdf or something underneath the layer of stone.
So i was just ondering if it's poss to do it myself or leave well alone and stick to a laminate worktop.

baldtrout2
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Cutting B&Q Speedstone Quartz worktop

by baldtrout2 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:03 am

Hi
speedstone quartz and granite worktops can be WET cut with the correct tools. But B&Q will not sell you them supply only, they only sell them fitted.

Crystal_Carrington
Labourer
Labourer

Onyx Worktops

by Crystal_Carrington » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:53 pm

Hi - I bought mine from the Trade Depot - they cost me £450 a length.

I too have a question! When the fitter joined the two pieces together, he used the buffing kit supplied to polich the worktops. This has left them with a dull finish and looks really bad. Is there anything that can restore these worktops to their original finish?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:53 am