damaged dpm
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rpm
Labourer
Labourer

damaged dpm

by rpm » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:28 pm

Hi all,

Can anyone advise?, I had some dampness in the the spare bedroom and the floorboards were erroded where they meet the wall.So I removed the plasterboard, the floorboards and studdiing the plasterboard was fixed to.

I found the ends of the joists damp and spongey so i plan to remove the rotted end and replace them, but the cause of the problem is the DPM has broken away. The wall is the gable end and there is no chance in hell of proping the wall and removing the brick work and replacing the DPM.

I have did a search on the net and found some chemical DPM that are injected into the side of the wall, has anyone used them and are they any good or a waste of time and money?

Are there any other methods that could be used?

any info / advice is appreciated

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:39 pm

See our project on repairing joists on the website. This is a fantastic system which allows you to keep the floor in place and just replace the end of the joist. Assuming you are talking about a ground floor bedroom you can inject a cream DPC yourself by looking at our project on Damp Proof Injection, small jobs.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:52 pm

MANY OF THE ANSWERS TO YOUR POSTS CAN BE FOUND, WITH DIAGRAMS, IN THE DIYDOCTOR PROJECTS SECTION. CLICK HERE www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:23 pm