damp and leaking conservatory
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gilly
Labourer
Labourer

damp and leaking conservatory

by gilly » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:21 am

I have a conservatory which has been built to close to the adjacent neighbours garden (in effect underground). In heavy rain, water enters it at DPC level.
There is no access to the exterior wall so I have stripped the internal skin off the wall. I have been advised to paint a latex and cement solution on the inside similiar to tanking a cellar, I have found a solution on the net called NB1, is this the same as SBC? although another builder recomends asphelt damproofing which is more expensive.
could a gully be put in the cavity? and how would the water be pumped out? has anyone got any advice?
regards gilly.

dcmoore
Ganger
Ganger

free advice

by dcmoore » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:46 pm

Take a look at any one of our damp projects and ring the phone number for Property Repair Systems. They give free, no obligation advice and we recommend them. They will tell you what you need to do (if anything) and will also be able to supply you with anything you need to do it with but will certainly not try to sell you anything you don't need

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:29 am