Damp and mould in my flat
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
vcb1981
Labourer
Labourer

Damp and mould in my flat

by vcb1981 » Wed May 27, 2009 10:53 am

I have a ground floor flat which i have been living in for nearly 1 year. Around October time i started to notice mould/fluffy stuff in my 2 rooms that do not have any heating in (both bedrooms). These 2 rooms are both have outside walls , the worst room being on a corner of the block of flats.

The mould is black, sometimes with horrible fluffy stuff on, is usually damp-ish and forms on all walls, and seems to love furniture and fabrics. My window area is extremely black with the paint/wallpaper cracking off, and parts of the carpet around the corners of the room has black on.

I have now had 3 people out to look at the problem. the first said it was a problem with the damp course outside my flat. the second said it was due to lack of ventilation and the rooms being so cold, and the third said it was due to a leak in a pipe. My management company decided they wanted the third guy to come back a do some tests so he did a pressure test which showed up a drop of pressure so he said it was a leak from the pipe that runs through both bedrooms to my kitchen. I got a plumber out to do the work and dig through the concrete, but when he got down to where the pipes were under the main bedroom (they are underground for about 1 metre - they rest run around the walls and are dry) he said the concrete was completely dry and was positive that there was no leak. I have now noticed that I have a little leak under my sink in the kitchen possibly explaining the pressure test.

I am now in the situation where the management company don't seem to helping me as they think it is a leak (they have never even seen the problem) yet i still have mould everywhere. Now the warmer months are hear, the mould growth has massively slowed down, but I just need to find out what the actual problem is so if anyone can advise what it could possibly be or what course of action i could take next.

bd3cc
Foreman
Foreman

by bd3cc » Wed May 27, 2009 9:29 pm

I would go with option 2.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:53 am