Damp and mould problem
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Grampa
Labourer
Labourer

Damp and mould problem

Post by Grampa » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:39 pm

I have a damp and mould problem in my bedroom i live in a upstairs flat. I've had my guttering and facias replaced to try and solve the problem which hasn't worked. The room itself feels cold constant and the walls are cold and feel damp i have also replaced the radiator too the biggest i could have to warm it up. The damp is low and am wondering if it could be rising from downstairs? Or if it is still an outside problem? Any advice would be much appreciated!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:00 pm

Grampa,
Unless you live above unoccupied premises or an open garage the cold is unlikely to be coming from below - you should actually gain borrowed heat from below.
If your flat is directly below a loft check to see how much insulation has been fitted.
If your flat has solid walls and the main wall is north facing you may just have to get more heat into the flat.
end

Grampa
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Grampa » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:10 am

The flat below is un-occupied at the moment! This room is the only really cold one tho the other bedroom on the same side off the house is fine with a much smaler radiator! I think the damp is causing the room to be cold? But don't know how or who to see bout fixing the problem?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:13 pm

Grampa,
Now the weather is fine start by opening the window during the main part of the day - this will help with drying out.
end

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:22 pm