Damp Appeared Next to Front Door in new Rental Property
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

helenpops@gmail.com
Labourer
Labourer

Damp Appeared Next to Front Door in new Rental Property

by helenpops@gmail.com » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:07 am

I'm looking for some advice. We moved into a rented property at the end of January this year and soon after damp started to appear near the front door. We contact the agent who sent someone out to clear the gutter as they said this was the cause. No one actually looked at the wall.
The damp hasn't gotten any better and if anything has worsened as it's now spread further along the wall. There is clearly a huge damp patch with black mould and also white fluffy type stuff growing there. My husband contacted the agent again about a month ago to let them know about the problem but we haven't heard anything back from them yet.
When we contact them though the first thing they do is start questioning me, asking if I've been putting washing on the radiators! Yes I understand this is a major cause of damp but I very rarely dry washing this way and always have windows open.
If anyone could offer any advice about the damp and what could possibly be causing it I'd be truly grateful.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:12 am