damp between extension and original wall
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
clairem
Labourer
Labourer

damp between extension and original wall

Post by clairem » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:15 pm

Hello there
We have a large extension at the back of the house which is rarely used. We are thinking of converting it into a new kitchen but have noticed a couple of damp patches on the inside of the extension wall that adjoins the original kitchen.

The roof of the extension is pitched but the kitchen has an old flat roof.

The main damp patch is located as the pitched roof runs into guttering and where it meets the flat roof - there is another small patch further along the ceiling this wall ajoins the kitchen - could again be a probelm with the roofing but no damp is evident on the kitchen side

Below these are two patches at skirting height - could these be related to above? There is a gas pipe running from the meter outsude and the plaster and skirting around this is the wettest part

I've read that rising damp is a myth? Is this true? Any ideas what my problem could be and is it all related? Or do I have 2 separate problems

Just a note that the rest of the extension is fine although as it's never used we never have the heating on and it's very cold

Sorry for length of post

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:15 pm