Damp everywhere
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
heidi
Labourer
Labourer

Damp everywhere

by heidi » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:01 pm

I have damp coming up through places in my concrete floor, I believe the origanal damp course, which is about 50yrs old is past it, and I cannot afford to get the concrete floors removed and now damproofing put down, so I have been looking at cellar paint and waterproof paint to paint the floor myself and stop it that way, can anyone tell me if this would be a mistake.
I also have areas where the water is so strong that the paint is bubbling and some of the walls and door frames are rotton and crumbling, I think that this is caused from leaking pipes that are in the concrete ground, they come from the central heating system, I bought a damp tester but it doesn't really pinpoint the exact points very well because the areas it indicates are quite large, so can anyone suggest another way to find the leaks.

I am not able to get any proffessionals in because I am not able to pay
them so any DIY advice would be greatly appreciated. :(

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:38 pm

Go to anyone of our damp projects Heidi and get the contact details of the company in there. PRS. They give free, no obligation advice by telephone.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:39 am