Damp in Bedroom
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Davey1892
Labourer
Labourer

Damp in Bedroom

Post by Davey1892 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:05 am

Help, my problem is water streaming down the bedroom walls in the very top corner of where the ceiling meets the walls about 500mm in each direction, it seems to be intermittant & happens following heavy rain from a perticular direction?? I,ve been in the loft during rain storm but with no conclusion. The roof has been re-underfelted, & I,ve removed a small redundant chimney stack (to below the tile level) from that corner of the house.The concrete tiles (45 years old) look good. This has been reoccuring ever since we moved into this house 4 years ago. The offending corner is facing north east & the wall can be very cold to touch. Please HELP!!!

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

rain ingress

Post by welsh brickie » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:30 pm

try checking the gutters and downspouts for blockage, also you might need more downspouts to clear the water more quickly,or change the gutter for a deeper one

Detective
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Damp in Bedroom

Post by Detective » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:04 pm

Davey1892 wrote:Help, my problem is water streaming down the bedroom walls in the very top corner of where the ceiling meets the walls about 500mm in each direction, it seems to be intermittant & happens following heavy rain from a perticular direction?? I,ve been in the loft during rain storm but with no conclusion. The roof has been re-underfelted, & I,ve removed a small redundant chimney stack (to below the tile level) from that corner of the house.The concrete tiles (45 years old) look good. This has been reoccuring ever since we moved into this house 4 years ago. The offending corner is facing north east & the wall can be very cold to touch. Please HELP!!!

Welsh Brickie I certainly right with one option. But the wall is cold because its very damp. You need to have it surveyed by an Independent Damp Surveyor who will tell you exactly where the problem is sourcing from

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:29 am