Damp in now 3 rooms
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

Mazza
Labourer
Labourer

Damp in now 3 rooms

by Mazza » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:57 pm

I hope someone can help.

I have damp coming though in the front bedroom external wall, it appears to have started from behind my built in wardrobes near the ceiling going down the wall but it is also starts above the skirting board and is 780mm in height from that. I also have damp in the ground floor sitting room where the damp patch starts above the skirting board and is 450mm in height. Finally I have damp in the kitchen above the skirting board and it is 500mmin height.

I have lived in the house for 30 years and only in the last couple of years has this problem started. I have re-decorated recently and the damp has come through again. Could this be because of pebble dash that I had put on the house 5 years ago or because the damp course may need re-doing? If anyone has any suggestions on how I could deal with the problem then I would be very grateful. I have a young grandson who is asthmatic and lives with me and I am sure his recent asthma attacks are something to do with the damp.

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:58 pm