Damp internally on the outside walls
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
baileyboo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Damp internally on the outside walls

by baileyboo » Wed May 16, 2007 4:44 pm

Renovating a 1890's stone built house and have major problems with damp.I've had the DPC injection on all outside walls of house(ground floor) back in september.the walls have since been replastered but the damp has come back.Have used damp seal paint,dehumidifier but damp has come through new paint.There is No leaking guttering,down pipes or damaged rendering.Help don't know what to do next

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Wed May 16, 2007 8:03 pm

Damp takes about a month to dry out in 25mm of stonework so it will take a while before your walls dry out completely. If you are sure the damp is still getting up the walls then call back the damp company, the work must be guarenteed.

Charlie
Labourer
Labourer

Renovating plaster

by Charlie » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:45 pm

Hi,

what plaster did you use when you were replastering? Tarmac limelite or similar would have been suitable as it is water repellent but allows the walls to breathe and thus evaporation can take place.

I've not read much with a positive slant towards injected dpc in stone work...depends on the method of injection also as I think viscous fingering is more likely to occur with high pressure than gravity fed for instance.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:53 pm

If you visit our project on DIY DPC injection you can contact the company in there Property Repair Systems who will give you free, no obligation advice.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:58 pm