Damp on interior bedroom walls after damp course PLEASE HELP
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
afeadugg
Labourer
Labourer

Damp on interior bedroom walls after damp course PLEASE HELP

Post by afeadugg » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi,

We moved into a mid terrace about 2 and a half years ago. The house had a damp course done about 15 years ago and we've had no problems with damp since we moved in.

But I've recently noticed specks of black / green mould in the corner of the walls in our bedroom. We have a double glazed window in the centre of the wall, and the mould has appeared in the corner of the wall, either side of the window. There is no mould on the adjoining sides of the wall (i.e. walls to next door neighbours).

Currently on the left side the specks cover about a metre (height and width), while the other side is only a small area.

Neither areas of the wall feel damp at all.

I've read a few other similar forum comments on other sites and the general consensus seems to be it is a condensation problem rather than a damp problem, caused by not opening windows at night (guilty!) resulting in hot air / breath being attracted to the coldest part of wall causing condensation etc...

Could someone put my mind at rest with an explanation or depress me with a huge quote if it is a damp problem???? Also, will dehumidifiers help?

Thanks,

Andrew

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by TheDoctor4 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:45 pm

HI

Have you had a look at the DIY Project section: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm There are several projects related to damp that may be of some use to you!

Regards

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:33 am