Damp on interior stone wall
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Helen
Labourer
Labourer

Damp on interior stone wall

Post by Helen » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:54 am

I have a 1900's stone semi and there is damp on the kitchen wall. It was only discovered once we removed the wall paper (2 weeks ago) which had been heavily painted, maybe to conceal it. There had been no sign of damp on this wall prior to the removal but we only moved in last September. The wall in question is a connecting one with next door and downstairs from our bathroom. No evidence of damp in the bathroom and also, weirdly, the damp patch doesn't seem to extend to either the floor or the ceiling of the kitchen so where's is coming from? I've looked at lots of postings on this website and have read enough to know I can't just ignore it (much as I'd like to) so what's the next step? Getting in a damp proofing company for a quote presumably but can you give me some pointers as to the sort of questions I should be asking please and if there is anything I should watch out for. The job has to be done properly but is there anything I can do to reduce my bill?

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:01 pm

Go to our project called DIY damp proof injection and contact the company in there, Property Repair Systems. They will give you free, no obligation advice.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 am