Damp plaster around windows.
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
scott b
Apprentice
Apprentice

Damp plaster around windows.

Post by scott b » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:58 am

Hi all. I have just moved into a new house (built around 1980). The house is double glazed with some windows being newer than others.
I expect a bit of condenation however the plaster at the sides of the inner window sill and the plaster on the top edge of the window is mouldy on a lot of the windows in the house.
Anyone have any ideas on the problem other than condensation. Might it be that the windows need sealing from the outside etc.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:01 pm

scott b,
Water entering the top of the window and getting inside may be due to poor installation. At cill level this could be bridging of the closed cavity. Check to see if the problem exists only on the new windows.
end

scott b
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by scott b » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:22 pm

stoneyboy wrote:scott b,
Water entering the top of the window and getting inside may be due to poor installation. At cill level this could be bridging of the closed cavity. Check to see if the problem exists only on the new windows.
end

Thanks for teh help. I presumed the damp at the top may well be down to poorly fitted windows etc.

Waggoner
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Damp plaster around windows.

Post by Waggoner » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:57 am

Yes, it could be in the installation of new Windows in the new house. This is might be good to think what should be comfortable one. There a lot of type of Windows that you should go for.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:21 pm