Damp Proof Certificate

Postby rickets » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:01 am

I am hoping to to the damp course on my new house but the mortgage company requires a certificate of proof to say that the work has been completed. How can i get one of these ?? or can I only get one if it is done by a professional damp course man ??
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:55 am


Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Sat May 12, 2007 10:53 am

You need to get it done professionally by a company with an insurance backed guarentee scheme. No company will issue a certificate to you as there are so many things that can go wrong they will not put themselves in this position. It is also hugely in your own interests to get a properly certified job done as when you come to sel the house it could cause a great many problems if you cannot certifty damp work and the buyer could insist that it is done again at your cost.
Site Admin
Posts: 2253
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:15 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics