damp proofing my floor
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
shenshaw007
Labourer
Labourer

damp proofing my floor

by shenshaw007 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:51 am

Hi im new to this so any help would be gratefull. I decided to take a cupourd out from my kitchen to make it bigger but it left a lip in the floor about 5 mill thick. I decided to try and knock it out and level it off with some self levelling compound. However when i knocked it out the whole base came up with it leaving a whole around the depth of a house brick and approx one meter square. there is some insulation board at the bottom which i guess il leave in and some concrete below that but what is the best way to fill the rest of the hole? plus where the dpc comes up the wall to the bricks it has a few tears in it , does this need to be repaired too?

dcmoore
Ganger
Ganger

FREE ADVICE

by dcmoore » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:14 pm

Take a look at any one of our damp projects and ring the phone number for Property Repair Systems. They give free, no obligation advice and we recommend them. They will tell you what you need to do (if anything) and will also be able to supply you with anything you need to do it with but will certainly not try to sell you anything you don't need

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:51 am