Damp Spots On Inside Of External Walls On Ground Floor Bedroom
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Rotha
Labourer
Labourer

Damp Spots On Inside Of External Walls On Ground Floor Bedroom

by Rotha » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi,

My house is around 150 years old and in one of the ground floor bedrooms, we have strange damp spots on all the walls that are external. Have included a picture to show the worst of it. As you can see it starts near the skirting board but does not fully cover the area then it rises into circular patches. Has anyone seen this before? As I would really like to get the walls repaired. The walls are papered in plain white as they were quite rough then painted over. As you can see the paint in flaking off. Any help is greatly appreciated.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Damp Spots On Inside Of External Walls On Ground Floor Bedroom

by welsh brickie » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:10 pm

we need more information, like is it a cavity wall, solid floor or timber floor is there a boundry wall attached to the house etc

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Damp Spots On Inside Of External Walls On Ground Floor Bedroom

by Perry525 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:20 pm

I would guess from the location and distribution of the damp patches that, the rain is coming through the wall, the rain is making the wall cold and water vapour in the room is condensing onto the cold patches. Take a careful look at the wall outside. Is it facing the prevailing wind? Is the rain hitting and spreading over the wall? Is the wall in bad condition with cracks, missing render or pointing?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:33 pm