Damp - this might help one or two people!

Postby Alvin Wyllie » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:05 pm

I've had a wet ceiling downstairs problem for years and I posted a message on this website in January. Water was running down the inside of my outside cavity wall, and eventually ruined a ceiling. It was all due to the drainage slots on my upstairs windows having been sealed up with silicon and/or mastic by previous owners of my house. So rain going down the window went into the bottom of the window frame as it should but could not escape out the drainage slot so it ran along the plastic cill underneath and out at the ends, down the inside of my wall. The plastic cills MUST be sealed at the ends and the slots MUST NOT be filled up!! If anyone knows different to this, I'd be grateful for his advice.
Alvin Wyllie
Progress to next rank:
11.5%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!