Damp walls in Upstairs bedroom

Postby two5ey » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Hi all, i've got a problem in my daughters bedroom. The walls are damp, and is definitly some form of penetrating damp as the plaster is blowing, and the damp patches are very salty.

I don't know how to find out where the problem is. My initial thought was a leak from the roof, but now I have had 2 roofers in one saying it is the roof, another saying he doesn't believe it could be, so am so confused. Here are some pics.

The roofer says its too low down for it to be the roof, however the other guy who sayas it could be the roof is a builder and if only after money could have easily said its the render etc etc.

Any ideas views would be appreciated
Progress to next rank:

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:43 pm

Suggest you post pictures of the outside where the problem is including the roof.

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!