Dampness above window
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tumshee
Labourer
Labourer

Dampness above window

Post by tumshee » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:52 pm

Just want to ask what kind of tradesman I would need for this problem. I have a window that has a strange looking damp patch along the top of it. Its not a lot of dampness and its only on this downstairs window even tho the rest of the windows are fine. Would I be best getting a brickie in or a joiner, someone else?

History of the window is that we got rough casting re-newed on outside of the house at the same time we got the roof re-tiled and new windows put in. As u can imagine the 3 companies involved are certain its not down to them. Leaves us to investigate it ourselves. I-ve attached images of it if anyone thinks they can diagnose the problem. Any help appreciated as this has been going on for about 2/3 years now. Just want to get a man in who knows what hes doin to sort it. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thedoctor

Re: Dampness above window

Post by thedoctor » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi

Bit of a tricky one to diagnose, at a guess it’s most probably related to one of the jobs that has been done, most probably the window replacement itself or rough cast.

We do have quite a few projects on damp: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/diy-how-to-type/damp.htm in particular this project may be of some use: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/damppatches.htm

Failing this, it might be worth a call to Property Repair Systems, the company that has helped us produce our damp projects as they have many years of expertise in this field. If you click on the above link then you should see a banner at the top of the page with their contact number.

Hope this helps

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:11 pm