Decorating Needed After Double Glazing Installation With Issues
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
maddiem
Labourer
Labourer

Decorating Needed After Double Glazing Installation With Issues

by maddiem » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:54 pm

I've had windows installed in my flat. The front is a bay which is classed as 3 windows, I believe. It is a private company and I was a little concerned when they said they had to come back and remeasure the front when I wasn't in but as it was the roof I didn't need to be. After a very long delay they have been installed, however, it took 5 days to install in total 5 windows and they were left in appalling condition. There was 2" gap top and bottom of front window where it wasn't fitted correctly. They hack off the window cill to install a new one. I won't go into everything but 8 weeks later they came back to refit and repair. However, now there is a lot of decorating to be done to cover up lots of plastering and cracks they made removing old windows, refitting news ones and generally covering up the poor initial installation. I am not clear now who is responsible for redecorating. I had my home redecorated in March following flooding and now I have to have more decorating done but will cost me. Is this right or should the DG company be responsible for so much work needed? I understand there would be small decorating but there is too much for me to do. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Decorating Needed After Double Glazing Installation With Issues

by welsh brickie » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:20 pm

no its not right, contact your local council and ask for FENSA to come and inspect the work, as its sub standard by the sound of it.
They can force the company to redo the work correctly

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:48 am