Decorating over existing damp patches
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
GILLYB
Labourer
Labourer

Decorating over existing damp patches

by GILLYB » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:23 pm

I have black mould in the corner of my bedroom of my bungalow on a cold north facing wall which was decorated over by the previous owners and now coming through the paint. Condensation seems to be a problem with these properties.
My question is do I have to remove the paint/mould before I can treat with the appropriate anti-mould cleaner and paint?
Also would it be worth using the polystryne type wall paper rather than just painting directly on the wall. We have had the cavities insulated.
Trying to keep costs down as the property has cost us more than we antisipated getting it straight and now have little money left.This is the last room to sort out. :)

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:08 am

GILLYB,
Since you already have the problem clean off the wall with bleach or anti-mould cleaner then repaint the wall and accept condensation will form.
Insulating the wall will hold back the condensation but this will then form behind the polystyrene lining which will then lift off.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:56 pm