decorating
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dabhand
Labourer
Labourer

decorating

by dabhand » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:25 pm

I need to repaint walls which have been covered in graffiti. A permanent black marker was used to write the graffiti. Should I try to get it off before painting, if so, with what. Or will the emulsion paint cover it efficiently. I have been told the writing will keep coming through the paint. Any help will be welcome.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:52 am

Go to the DIY Projects section of the website and look, under R, for removing graffiti. Alternatively typw graffiti into the search box on the left of the site and you will see the project concerned where you can actually buy the best stuff for removing graffiti.

rigga
Ganger
Ganger

by rigga » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:14 pm

dabhand, Most type of permanent markers are either spirit based, water based or oil derivatives marker. It would help if you knew which type that has been used, if the pen was a spirit type then you could use an oil based sealer if an oil derivative or water based marker use a spirit based sealer ,as you would not be able to remove all traces of this from a plastered painted surface.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:19 am