decorative cornice on fitted wardrobes
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
doddgy
Labourer
Labourer

decorative cornice on fitted wardrobes

Post by doddgy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:50 pm

how do i cut the correct angles on my decorative cornice that is on top of my fitted wardrobes the cornice not only angles with the units but is angled forward and i do not know how to cut this angle to let 2 peices join together

swadie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: decorative cornice on fitted wardrobes

Post by swadie » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:58 am

[quote="doddgy"]how do i cut the correct angles on my decorative cornice that is on top of my fitted wardrobes the cornice not only angles with the units but is angled forward and i do not know how to cut this angle to let 2 peices join together[/quote]

do you have a mitre saw ?

doddgy
Labourer
Labourer

Post by doddgy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:14 pm

yes i have a mitre saw a compound saw got the lot i just need to know how to work out the 2 angles

sweetorb
Tradesman
Tradesman

cornicing

Post by sweetorb » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:02 pm

hi doddgy

if the top of the wardrobe as you look down on it is "square",like a kitchen unit or table etc,then the angle is 90 degrees,therefore the "mitre" is 45 degrees. if i understand your question right,you mean that the profile of the cornice as you look at it end on leans forward,the cornice will be flat at the bottom (at least it should be or ull have trouble fixing it even if you manage to cut it,not impossible but tricky!!), as long as the flat section is placed flat and true to the base or stock (or whatever you want to call it!) of your mitre saw,with the profile leaning towards you, a cut of 45 degrees should produce the perfect mitre. it really is no diffrent from cutting a perfectly square peice of timber,the angle is always the same (assuming its 90 degrees) its just the profile thats diffrent.

why isnt there a symbol for degrees on my keyboard???

hope that makes sense doddgy...

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:07 am