Dent and crack in plasterboard.
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Zammo
Labourer
Labourer

Dent and crack in plasterboard.

by Zammo » Fri May 16, 2008 10:26 am

I have a largish dent in a bedroom wall (which is made of plasterboard) with a crack as well. What would be the best way to sort the problem? I have read online that a joint filler compound would be required to sort out the dent, can anyone confirm this or offer any advice thanks?

And heres a photo of the dent. Note there is a small hole in the middle of the photo where I attempted to pull the dent out by the use of a screw.

https://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9226/dentuv6.jpg

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sat May 17, 2008 4:36 am

Hi Zammo,
Had a look at the picture, what you need to do is;
Firstly, remove any loose plasterboard and loose plasterboard paper skin around the damaged area, don't go mad just give yourself a good surface to work on.
If the crack has broken the board you will need some nylon dry-lining tape to put over it. Then fill out using jointing compond, then let it dry overnight. It may need a couple of coats as it normally shrinks whilst drying. This can then be sanded down, primed and painted as normal.
You could also use polyfiller if you preferred.
You can normal buy the nylon tape in small rolls and the jointing compond ready mixed in small tubs. Ideal for small DIY jobs. Local DIY store should stock this
Regards and Best of Luck
KB

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:17 pm