Derelict Farmhouse Need Planning Permission For Rebuild?

Postby ridgy » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:53 pm

Hello everyone...

Im hoping some clever person might be able to give me some advice....

I have found a plot of land (10acres) with a derelict farmhouse on the site which is in a AONB. I have visited this building which doesnt seem to have been inhabited for 20/30 years or more. The building is in very bad shape and requires knocking down and rebuilding.

Does anyone know if planning would have to be obtained to rebuild the same house on the same footprint?

It doesnt seem to have any services connected but does have a well 10M away from the building.

Also does any one have or know of a useful tool for estimating building costs???


Please help....

Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:43 pm


Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:13 pm

yes you will need planning permisson,you will have to submit plans anyway,always check with the local authority they are usually quite approachable,For estimating check out the proffesional builder mag,They have discs for sale for every project
welsh brickie
Posts: 2155
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics