Diagram please
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Firebug
Labourer
Labourer

Diagram please

Post by Firebug » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:20 pm

could anyone please show me with the aid of a diagram how to connect six low energy lights using one switch to put all on together.
I have a consumer unit in my garage and via this unit I would like to connect all lights up to come on with one switch.
Thanks in anticipation

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:39 am

It is hard to make a diagram without knowing exactly what you have. I think in the main I would daisy chain but a lot depends on the fittings as with some you can't get two cables in the fitting so then one would need a junction box. And with consideration of the question your asking not sure you should be going into a consumer unit without considering part p one would normally use a B6 MCB to supply lights but you say low energy may be also then extra low voltage LED's and the like so can't really answer with information given.
Eric

Firebug
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Firebug » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:25 pm

[quote="ericmark"]It is hard to make a diagram without knowing exactly what you have. I think in the main I would daisy chain but a lot depends on the fittings as with some you can't get two cables in the fitting so then one would need a junction box. And with consideration of the question your asking not sure you should be going into a consumer unit without considering part p one would normally use a B6 MCB to supply lights but you say low energy may be also then extra low voltage LED's and the like so can't really answer with information given.
Eric[/quote]

Thanks for your reply,,,I am connecting 6 low energy (11w each) ordinary bayonet fitting light bulbs into ceiling roses that have plenty of room for cables,,,,I have a spare B6 in the consumer unit to use for the job.

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:34 am

Then I would daisy change to switch and in most cases you will need a connector block for neutral then to each lamp you should ignore the centre terminal block in ceiling roses but since it has three holes and switch wire only has two may be easier to ignore double connector or link it to center. I have been losing broad band sorry for delay I would think you should be OK without diag?
Eric

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am