Dial keeps turning on my washing machine PLEASE HELP!!

Postby fishox » Sat May 10, 2008 8:45 pm

Hi,
I have an intergrated washer/dryer thats causing me lots of problems. It is an Ariston Margarihta. I have just changed the bearings as the old ones were knackered. Now that issue is resolved i have a new problem where my control knob keeps turning when i try and start a cycle.
I have checked the plug at the bottom of the machine to see if the filter is blocked but couldnt find anything in there. I have also taken the clip of the tube inside the machine that the waste runs off. This had something small in there which i removed but i still have the same problem.
Can anyone help me resolve this please.
Thanks
Fishox
fishox
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby nitro23456 » Sun May 11, 2008 7:59 am

get in your car, drive to an electrical retailer, buy a new one.
nitro23456
Progress to next rank:
48.7%

Postby chris_on_tour2002 » Sun May 11, 2008 6:40 pm

have you left the dial to its own devices and leave it until until it stops turning? our washing machine (indesit something or other) does this sometimes. it is because for whatever reason it loses its place in the cycle. the switch will turn through 360 degrees (sometimes twice) as it tries to find where it was in the cycle then it just continues again from there.

an engineer told me that is usually indicative of damp/condensation in the unit and that it will eventually need replacing - which is probably what you need to do.
chris_on_tour2002

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!