Dial keeps turning on my washing machine PLEASE HELP!!
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fishox
Labourer
Labourer

Dial keeps turning on my washing machine PLEASE HELP!!

by fishox » Sat May 10, 2008 9:45 pm

Hi,
I have an intergrated washer/dryer thats causing me lots of problems. It is an Ariston Margarihta. I have just changed the bearings as the old ones were knackered. Now that issue is resolved i have a new problem where my control knob keeps turning when i try and start a cycle.
I have checked the plug at the bottom of the machine to see if the filter is blocked but couldnt find anything in there. I have also taken the clip of the tube inside the machine that the waste runs off. This had something small in there which i removed but i still have the same problem.
Can anyone help me resolve this please.
Thanks
Fishox

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Sun May 11, 2008 8:59 am

get in your car, drive to an electrical retailer, buy a new one.

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Sun May 11, 2008 7:40 pm

have you left the dial to its own devices and leave it until until it stops turning? our washing machine (indesit something or other) does this sometimes. it is because for whatever reason it loses its place in the cycle. the switch will turn through 360 degrees (sometimes twice) as it tries to find where it was in the cycle then it just continues again from there.

an engineer told me that is usually indicative of damp/condensation in the unit and that it will eventually need replacing - which is probably what you need to do.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:51 pm