Diall Halogen ECO Bulbs - How to Fit Them into Holders?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hampshireman
Labourer
Labourer

Diall Halogen ECO Bulbs - How to Fit Them into Holders?

by hampshireman » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:45 am

We have 6 in the bathroom installed by trades a long time ago and one is out. We have new from B&Q yesterday and don't know how it fits. Do we just push in or do they push and twist? This one includes the extrator over the shower but I don't think hat has anythoing do do with the bulb.
They are GU5.3 MR16.
I have had a stroke and have limited strenth and use of hands hence typos and wife doesn't know and we are in our 70s. Can you help please ?

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Diall Halogen ECO Bulbs - How to Fit Them into Holders?

by ericmark » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:38 pm

In the main the G5.2 has a spring clip to hold the unit in place. Clearly it can't stay in place just by pressure on the pins.

However in my bathroom I have pods and these do have a turn to release bezel and whole unit plugs into the ceiling plate.

I have seen where the spring clips are missing and they are just a tight fit. I have taken the whole lamp out in the past to be able to push out the bulb from the back. The whole lamp often held in place by spring wings which hold it tight to ceiling.

hampshireman
Labourer
Labourer

by hampshireman » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:14 pm

Thanks for this but I don't see a clip and it doesn'st click in to plaec but it stays where we put it. Still mistirifed

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:22 pm

Often there is a small gap where you can get a screw driver in to leaver out the ring other than a that point hard to see there is a ring.

hampshireman
Labourer
Labourer

by hampshireman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:24 am

Thanks, I can't do what you say due to handling things, so will get a freian to help

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:29 am