different plan approved - can i enforce it?
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ddmm
Labourer
Labourer

different plan approved - can i enforce it?

Post by ddmm » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Hi there
I just had a planning permission granted for revision B of my extension. During the process with the planning officer I had also submitted an amendment at his request - Rev C -.

I fully expected permission for Rev C but the preferable rev B is the only drawing mentioned. The Officer's report says there are changes to Rev B, but the changes aren't listed in the conditions on the Decision Notice.

Upon query, the officer thinks this is a mistake and wants to change it. Can I stop that happening? Is it possible that the person approving the scheme just thought the Rev B was ok and signed it off - how would I find out?

The impact on my neighbours of using the Rev C is actually greater (as it is higher) than the original!

Thanks
D

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: different plan approved - can i enforce it?

Post by stoneyboy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:28 am

ddmm,
If you have approval for an application with plan B and the Planning Department want to change that approval then they will have to compensate you - whatever form that may take.
You can go and see the file relating to your application at your Planning Department Offices and this may have more information than you can obtain on-line. However some Councils keep a file for public viewing and a second file for their own use with all the bits they don't want you to see.
end

ddmm
Labourer
Labourer

Post by ddmm » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:55 pm

thanks stoneyboy - I'll see if I can get over and see the file. Are these on computer? (think I could FOI it if necessary)

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:07 pm

ddmm,
Try it on line but there is generally less information.
end

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1