digital honeywell controller has just cut out/died?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

cambridge-blue
Labourer
Labourer

digital honeywell controller has just cut out/died?

by cambridge-blue » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:26 pm

hi everyone!

have done a search on this topic but no luck so...

We have a wall mounted potterton suprima 40L boiler for heating and water and this is (was) i guess linked to a honeywell digital programmer controller box on the wall below where we set the time functions for the day.

I put up some shelves (in the lounge!!!) well away from the boiler and controller and needed to turn the power off at the fuse box did so no probs turned power back on everyting fine so we thought.

Went out to kitchen and noticed the controler was dead no display on screen whatsoever. cant find manual anywhere so ploughed on anyway! removed from the wall and replaced the large flat battery on the back of the controller and replaced with fingers crossed but no joy.

the boiler kicks in and fires for about 3 seconds before the gren light goes out and the red light stays on perm no flashing etc, tried the reset button but nothing. It seems the boiler cant function without the controllers input am i right in this thinking?

has the controller just given up as no wires seem loose on the base plate behind the controller and all the controller pins seem to locate fine no damage or missing etc

any ideas is it simply the controller needs replacing? or have we a larger problem on our hands we have only just started using the heating ie last couple of weeks on and off and not on time etc

thanks for your time look forward to hearing your ideas