Dirty Hot Water!

Postby teddy1979 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:14 pm

Hi all and merry xmas,

Only today have i noticed that my hot water is running out dirty while the cold is fine and clear and was wondering if its the hot water cylinder immersion heater or the heat exchanger inside the water cylinder or something else? ive tried draining the water system but it still appears. I have a back boiler system could that be part of teh problem? will i need to replace the hot water cylinder? can anyone please help?

Cheers Ashley.
teddy1979
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ollie83 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:50 am

This is a bad problem. You don't say what type of hot water system you have but it sounds like you have a hot water cylinder with a split coil. If you have 2 tanks in your loft one big and one small you may find that one of them will overflow as the higher one fills it. prob the big tank will be overflowing in the morning until you use some hot or cold water. you will have to replace the cylinder to solve this problem. good luck
ollie83
Progress to next rank:
73.7%

Postby ollie83 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:52 am

This is a bad problem. You don't say what type of hot water system you have but it sounds like you have a hot water cylinder with a split coil. If you have 2 tanks in your loft one big and one small you may find that one of them will overflow as the higher one fills it. prob the big tank will be overflowing in the morning until you use some hot or cold water. you will have to replace the cylinder to solve this problem. good luck
ollie83
Progress to next rank:
73.7%

Postby marrtin » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:18 am

How many header tanks have you in the loft? It is possible you have a primatic system that has lost the airlock.
marrtin
Progress to next rank:
58%

Postby teddy1979 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:47 pm

Hi there,

I have one small water holder in the loft and one cylinder in the cupboard in the bedroom, does that help? im not sure what kind of system it is. please could yous get back to me with an answer if you can?

cheers
teddy1979
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!