Dirty hot water

Postby NewbiePlumba » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:04 pm

Hey all,
Only affecting the hot water draw off into the basin in upstairs bathroom, the water is real dirty and misty? Can any1 tell me what may cause this and how i can resolve it?
Thanks
NewbiePlumba
Progress to next rank:
10.5%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:13 pm

Boiler type ?

Could be tank/cylinder need draining and cleaning

Coil could be split, causing heating and hot water to mix.

Are you sure it's just the one tap ?
sometimes just more noticeable as this gets used more than the bath, and doesn't show up as much on a stainless stell kitchen sink ???
htg engineer

Postby NewbiePlumba » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:11 pm

The boiler is of the regular condensing type, model: PrimaF 40. It's definatly only the 1 hot water draw off in the bathroom that the ater comes out dirty, all other draw off points are clear.
Surely if the cylinder needed draining and cleaning then all the other hot water draw off points would dispatch dirty water too? How would i know if the coil is split, would i then need2 replace the cylinder?
Thanks for your reply!!
NewbiePlumba
Progress to next rank:
10.5%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!