Dishwasher and washing machine using same waste pipe
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
danny-mills@hotmail.co.uk
Labourer
Labourer

Dishwasher and washing machine using same waste pipe

Post by danny-mills@hotmail.co.uk » Tue May 08, 2007 4:43 pm

I have a washing machine, which is already fitted and am adding a dishwasher. I have managed to attach the cold water supply with a Y connection, but cannot find anywhere, a similar Y connection so that I can route the dishwasher waste to the same waste pipe as the washing machine... surely there exists a simple product, which I can slot in so that the two can run together! All I can find are very elaborate fixings, which involve more work than I had anticipated!

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

Post by peter the plumber » Wed May 09, 2007 4:29 pm

They don’t make a “Yâ€

danny-mills@hotmail.co.uk
Labourer
Labourer

Post by danny-mills@hotmail.co.uk » Fri May 11, 2007 10:46 am

Thanks for the reply Peter... I think I've cracked it - I've a "T" fitting, which is designed to add the dishwasher waste to existing washing machine waste piping. As I'm adding the connection at the point where the two appliances' waste pipes join the standing waste pipe I'm going to modify the fitting by adding another part, into which the waste from the washing machine and dishwasher fits directly (there's one included for the added dishwasher), so that the waste for each fits over it making it water tight. It will reduce the diameter of both pipes where they join the waste piping - can you envisage any potential problems in doing this Peter?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:37 pm