3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Diverter?

by kbrownie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:55 pm

Hi all!
I'm having a problem!
Bought a bath from The Bathstore no instruction with it!
This is what I have;
Two valves hot and cold, a diverter for a deck mounted shower handset, which I also have, the bath has a filler/waste.
So how does this all go together?
The valves(hot/cold) both have in-coming and out going supply.
The Diverter has two in-coming I guess for the hot and cold, a supply for the shower handset, then a smaller brass connetion which baffles me. The Filler has two connection, again I guess for hot and cold feed.
I've been doing a lot of head stratching but still puzzled. At which points do the hot and cold first connect to the bath, is it the diverter or the valves? what is the spare connection for is it to feed the hot and cold valves then from there to the bath filler, if so what's the point of having a hot and cold valve as the water will now be mixed! If it's the other way round valves first then diverter, I have a spare connection!
Can someone please explain how this puzzle is solved, Thank you all greatly for any valued advise in advance.
Kind Regards
KB

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:55 pm

Hi KB

First thing would be to go back to the store and tell 'em that the instructions were missing and you want them - and be a pain until you get them. You might find you get a better response out of the tech support guys in Birmingham. If the PM system worked on this forum I'd send you the details of a very helpful guy up there but I'd rather not do it in the open else he'll get swamped and I'll be off his Xmas card list!!

No consolation but the first time I fitted one of these fangled combined filler/waste thingys it took me ages to work it all out and that was with the instructions in front of me and without the added complication of a shower diverter as well.

Cheers

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:10 am

Cheers fo reply rosebery,

I'll ring the store but already had a bit of a ding dong with them regarding missing items, so I think i'm off their Xmas card list too.

I did have a thought, while I should have been sleeping!

If I supply the Hot and Cold Valves first then from there to the diverter valve, which will offer me a supply to the shower handset, then the spare connection use as a mixer to one of the connection to the bath filler then cap the other connection on the bath filler off, if the diverter works, ie stops flow to handset and supplys the bath and visa versa, Would Robert then be my uncle?

any thoughts appreciated
KB

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:51 pm