DIY heating install???

Postby davsas » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:40 pm

I know all CH engineers are going to throw spears at me for this one but is it possible to fit some of a heating system yourself? I need a total install and know that the boiler need prof install but am I able to do the rest to keep the costs down, even if it's just lifting the floor boards and putting ruts in the joists for the pipe work to run, and maybe hanging the rads?
davsas
Progress to next rank:
36.8%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:35 pm

You can everything yourself apart from gas and boiler installation - however cock it up/have leaks etc etc - it'll cost to have it put right.

Only carry out work if you are competent.

htg
htg engineer

Postby davsas » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:50 am

thanks htg for the reply. Is there stuff i can do that will help reduce the cost of an install that is not tec, ie lifting the floor boards ect?
davsas
Progress to next rank:
36.8%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!