do i need Listed buildings consent for pipe
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
scoinsdev
Labourer
Labourer

do i need Listed buildings consent for pipe

by scoinsdev » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:42 pm

I own part of a 250 year old manor house, and i am in the process of renovating it. as I am moving the Ground floor bathroom & utility from one end to the other because of drain issues, I have to drop a new soil pipe out through an old air vent (brick size) down to the lower ground floor yard (the old stable yard & stables are below the house 1 side) to connect to the drains. it would require removing a vent which is 8inches above floor, and 2 bricks below to exit the house. it would then drop 9 ft to the floor, along side 1 old vent pipe and down pipe, (its having an air admittance valve in the bathroom) - my neighbours have already done something similar, but on the next level, again with a black pipe. this was done 2 years ago and they didnt have PP or Listed buildings consent. to cover my self, will i need it or wont I, TDBC are not very helpful - they wont answer me! - it wont have an impact on the house, as it would be alongside 2 anyway. - btw the place is Grade 2 Listed with 2*s

eljaybee
Ganger
Ganger

by eljaybee » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:41 pm

To answer your question - yes you do need Building Regs Approval - as it's listed you may need planning permission.

A bathroom and the associated pipework are classed as controlled fittings and thus the installation of a bathroom in a new location requires approval.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1