Do I need planning or building regulations?

Postby Hans0lTech » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:56 pm

I am looking to build a tattoo and piercing studio on my own land. I am based in a rural area in Suffolk, the building will be a wood build under 30m2 and within the 2m boundary of the property. The building will also be under 4m high and behind the property. I was looking to build the structure on railway sleepers instead of a concrete pad. There will be drainage, electricity and running water within the building. What I am trying to find out is whether there is any permissions that I need in order to go ahead with this build, planning, building regulations and or business permissions. I know that I will need to pay business rates but what I don't know is if there is any type of permissions that I will need in order to build the building and or start trading.
Any information would be very much appreciated.
Thank you
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:43 pm


Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:36 pm

you will need to apply for planning permission,you will also be hit for buisness rates so the building will have to be registered.
welsh brickie
Posts: 2160
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Postby Hans0lTech » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Ok thanks for that
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics