DO I NEED PLANNING???
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
PaddyUnited
Labourer
Labourer

DO I NEED PLANNING???

by PaddyUnited » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:16 pm

Hi,

Please can someone advise on this, i went to the planners last year with the view to build a log cabin at the bottom of my garden, its under 4m high and they said it was fine to go ahead without PM. Work started last October and now they are saying that due to regulations change april 09 it needs to be less than 2.5m high and 5m from boundary!!! its nearly finished, plastered the lot....please advise!!!

bd3cc
Foreman
Foreman

by bd3cc » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:20 pm

Would have thought that if work started prior to new regs, old regs would apply. Talk to Planning/ BC. You may need to prove that work started under previous regs.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:15 am

Because it's a log cabin, the materials used would be consider to be combustable, so I believe this may be a valid point as far as PP and Building cons.
But I thought distance was 1 meter from boundary wall, go on goverment web site. Planning permision look for interactive house, click on the garage and follow links to new regulation oct 2008 regarding permitted developments.
KB
added later; it's 2 metres from boundary wall
Last edited by kbrownie on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

holboob
Apprentice
Apprentice

by holboob » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:40 pm

i had a similar problem. designed an extension uner old permitted development rights, similar to yours, which then changed once work had started. I spoke to the panners and building control but we had to submit a subsequent planning application, which luckily was approved. Makes no sense i know.

thanks

tonytrying
Labourer
Labourer

by tonytrying » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:49 pm

hi
iam currenty in the same situation,, can u tell me wat happended plxx

regards

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1