Does Bathtub need a coat of something ?
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Achab
Labourer
Labourer

Does Bathtub need a coat of something ?

by Achab » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:42 pm

I'm a very inexperienced DIYer. My bathtub had what appeared to be a coat of regular ole paint on it (the last owner was worse than me at repairs). It had begun to yellow (I'm assuming it was originally white) pit, and chip. Instead of using chemicals to remove the coating, I sanded it. I have it down to the white porcelain (over steel) and it isn't too bad looking. I think I may need a coat of enamel or something to put on top to seal it. However, I don't want anything too shiney to accentuate any errors and imperfections that I may have made in sanding. My questions are:
1. Must I add a layer of something to the porcelain?
2. What must be added, if anything?
3. How do I apply it, if needed?

Thanks for any help you may have for me.

lorian

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:49 am

See our project on bath repairs and resurfacing Lorian.

Achab
Labourer
Labourer

by Achab » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:28 pm

[quote="thedoctor"]See our project on bath repairs and resurfacing Lorian.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply 8)

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:08 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:24 pm