Door Handle
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DevonSpeed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Door Handle

by DevonSpeed » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:49 pm

Hi

Can someone tell me the best way to fix my door handle back on?
Its a normal brass plated one but the screw holes have become to big as the door is a cheap hollow one any suggestions?

Thank you

toptips
Ganger
Ganger

by toptips » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:33 am

have a look at inter-screws

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:46 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:29 am

You may have to glue a small, thin piece of timber over the screw hole to give the new screws some purchase. Sometimes its possible to move the hanle a couple off mm over to get to new wood on the door. Its a very common problem and sometimes a lager hole has to be made which will be hidden by the handle, to insert some timber up and inside the hollow door which is glued to the inside of the door skins. If you look at the DIY project on mending holes in plasterboard you can see how this would be achieved as the principle is the same.

sarah_9
Labourer
Labourer

by sarah_9 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:26 pm

Hello,

I know my suggestion is not very good one, but i`ll suggest you to call any carpenter to fix it, or try bigger screw,it could help you.

Regards,
sarah_9

Link remeoved -If you would like to advertise please go to our advertisers page.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:15 am