Double glazes door adjustment
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lecky1
Labourer
Labourer

Double glazes door adjustment

by lecky1 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:21 pm

I have a double glazed door that appears to have dropped leaving a small gap at the bottom.Does anyone know how to adjust the hinges to re-align the door without total removal of the hinges and resiting them.?

ollie7489
Apprentice
Apprentice

by ollie7489 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:45 am

If they are 'flag' hinges which are on the face of the profile there is usually a allen key screw in the bottom this bears on a pin which adjusts it vertically but if the door was not ' toe and healed' properly when it was fitted it will not work. To toe and heal you have to think how a ledge and brace door works and use the glass as the brace so you use packers on the two sides at both diagonal corners [u]not just pack across the bottom[/u]. You always pack at the bottom nearest the hinge and the top nearest the keeps if this is not clear send me a fax number and I will fax you more detailed explanation. It might help if you could send a photo of the hinge for me to identify. Failing than when you see double glazing fitters in your area offer them a few quid to sort it out. regards Les

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:35 pm