Double Light Switch
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
davidsharkey
Labourer
Labourer

Double Light Switch

by davidsharkey » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:11 pm

I need to change a double switch into two singles and on each side of the switch there is terminals numbered 1, 2&3.
Bellow are details of how the light switch is wired I would appreciate advice on how to fit two separate switches

1: red wire (Marked common and linked to the other terminal number 1)
2: red wire
3: black wire

3: no connection

There are three more black cables grouped together within the back with a single piece of terminal block. its the single black wire that’s throwing me if they can all be grouped together the that easy enough but I would like to make sure before I do so.

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Double Light Switch

by BLAKEY1963 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:40 pm

[quote="davidsharkey"]I need to change a double switch into two singles and on each side of the switch there is terminals numbered 1, 2&3.
Bellow are details of how the light switch is wired I would appreciate advice on how to fit two separate switches

3: black wire

3: no connection

There are three more black cables grouped together within the back with a single piece of terminal block. its the single black wire that’s throwing me if they can all be grouped together the that easy enough but I would like to make sure before I do so.[/quote]

DAVIDSHARKEY
THE BLACKS R PROBALY NEUTRALS BUT LEAVE THEM AS THEY R ( KEEP 3 TOGETHER IN BLOCK ) AND TAPE UP.
WITH THE OTHER BLACK WIRE IN TERM 3 OF SWITCH THIS IS A SWITCH
WIRE AND SHOULD B TAGGED RED.
ON EACH NEW SWITCH IF U USE 2 WAY SWITCHES ( 3 TERMINALS AS YOUR EXISTING TWO GANG )U JUST CONNECT AS THEY R NOW BUT IN
YOUR NEW SWITCHES TERMINALS.
BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:19 am