Double Pole MCB????
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sparkydelux
Tradesman
Tradesman

Double Pole MCB????

Post by Sparkydelux » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:30 pm

Hi Guys,

Could you educate me on the use of a double pole MCB and with what applications one would use it for?
I have been trying to update myself on various products and have come across this and for the life of me cannot comprehend how one would use it. i am sure the solution is as clear as mud but for now, I cannot see how a peice of equipment has dual voltage.

At first my visual perception of the issue was that the extra pole was for the Neutral, but on reading various opinions on the web some have stated that the N should not be in an MCB.

Whats the score on this?

Always appreciated,

Sparkydelux.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by ericmark » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:54 pm

Caravans is first on list requires all live conductors to be cut. And really with a TT system it is only safe way.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi guys, Double pole mcb's are used in a number of commercial applications, one I come across is petrol stations.
Petroleum regs require all circuits to forecourt equipments (pumps, lights,etc) to have all poles switched including Neutrals.
Although most domestic RCBO's only use the N for reference some do switch both L&N.

Happy New Year, Sparkydelux, 73's Eric.

Sparx, (Mac G6nlz, see qrz.com).

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Post by collectors » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:26 pm

They are standard in France & a few other EU country's for all new fuse boards & all circuits are radials out there. (More work, but better system)

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Post by collectors » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:26 pm

They are standard in France & a few other EU country's for all new fuse boards & all circuits are radials out there. (More work, but better system)

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:10 pm