Downlight/Dimmer/Transformer Combination - Will it work?!?

Postby 7VEN » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:54 am

Hello all,
Long time lurker, first time poster.
In my typical fashion, I've bought materials without giving too much thought as to whether they'll work together.
I've bought a Futronix P100 dimmer (www.futronix.com/p100_dimmer.php) and was wanting to know if the following downlight/transformer combination will work with it provided I don't exceed the maximum wattage:
Down Lights - Aurora - AU-DLL691:
Google "aurora.eu.com/ProductPages/LampProductDetails.aspx?g=5452&c=88&b=50&oc=375"
Transformers - Mode ETC Google "modelighting.com/copy/photos/ET-C.pdf"

Don't worry, i'm not wiring it up myself however will get a hole saw and physically place the lights myself.
Regards

Peter
7VEN
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby kbrownie » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:52 pm

The lights are dimable but may depend on the transformer and swithplate if they are compatiable. Can'tget any info regarding link for transformer, but what you may find is that the use of a dimmer control with a transformer that the transformer will buzz.
KB
kbrownie

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!