Downlight issue

Postby Kudos » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:34 pm

I have 6 downlights that were wired into an extension I had built a couple of years ago. 2 of the halogen bulbs failed recently so I thought the bulbs needed repleacing but on checking the bulbs are fine.
However the small circular fittings (sorry i'm no electrician) that the bulbs screw into have both become slightly blackened (worryingly) and need replacing. I can't seem to find these on-line or in B&Q style outlets - basically there are 2 wires coming through each ceiling hole per downlight and I need to reconnect with new fittings.
Can someone steer me in the right direction please ?
Kudos
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby BLAKEY1963 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:56 pm

[quote="Kudos"]I have 6 downlights that were wired into an extension I had built a couple of years ago. 2 of the halogen bulbs failed recently so I thought the bulbs needed repleacing but on checking the bulbs are fine.
However the small circular fittings (sorry i'm no electrician) that the bulbs screw into have both become slightly blackened (worryingly) and need replacing. I can't seem to find these on-line or in B&Q style outlets - basically there are 2 wires coming through each ceiling hole per downlight and I need to reconnect with new fittings.
Can someone steer me in the right direction please ?[/quote]

KUDOS
Ideally if u could remove fitting and take to an electrical
wholesaler , they could try 2 match one 4 u.
alternative take a photograph / image to compare.

BLAKEY1963
BLAKEY1963
Progress to next rank:
31.6%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!