Downlighters & Extractor Fan

Postby mongerm » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:14 am

I want to connect up a timer Fan with a 5 x 35w downlighters for my bathroom. I have removed the old wiring to leave a single feed from the last light in the loop. I think I understand where the fan needs to go in the circuit. What is the best way to wire up the downlighters. Should I use a junction box for each tail?? Should I go for downlighters with / without trnasformers ??
mongerm
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby sang kibet » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:07 am

downlighters can be wired on both cases.but now in this case you have got to consider safety,neatness,conviniences and cost.but for your case you need to use the joint boxes,neatly arranged and all the tails should be inside the box and securely tightened on the screws against any mechanical strain.
sang kibet
Progress to next rank:
36.8%

Postby mongerm » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:25 am

Thanks for that. What rated junction boxes do your recommend? Is it each one into a junction box then all 4 junction boxes into another junction box with Switch and extractor before connecting into the lighting circuit?
mongerm
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!