All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
qwertyking
Labourer
Labourer

Downstairs water pressure

by qwertyking » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:17 pm

Hi guys,

We have an in-direct combi boiler system set up - with two tanks in the loft.

I haved aa issue where there is water pressure all over the house except the kitchen. When I open the tab, the pressure is okay (not great), but after a while the pressure dies down. Close the tab, give it a few mins and the pressure is ok and then dies down.

Any ideas?

Thanks folks.

Skids
Ganger
Ganger

by Skids » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:09 pm

Hi qwertyking,

’a in-direct combi boiler system set up - with two tanks in the loft’

Can you check your system?

A combi boiler is normally fed from the mains and distributes hot water direct to the hot taps?

Does your combi feed a HWC?

Two tanks in the loft ~ ones the CWSC (big), the other is the F&E (small). Are they connected to the combi ??

â€

qwertyking
Labourer
Labourer

by qwertyking » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:24 pm

Sorry, my first post was probably not the best.

System description:
- Two Tanks in the loft
- Central Heating only works when the Hot Water is on
- There is a Hot Water Cylinder Upstairs
- There is an output from the boiler to the Hot Warter Cylinder, which then coils in the Cylinder and then goes back to the boiler (I presume this pipe is also the Central Heating Pipe)

So it is an In-Direct System, but not a combi boiler as I first said.

Issue
- The Kitchen Hot water tap has limited pressure, when I leave the tap shut for a few mins and then open it there is a bit of pressure, but this dies down after a while.
- Seems like there is air in the system as when I open the downstairs toilet tap air always splurts out with water for a few seconds. But this has no impact on the kitchen pressure, i.e. if there is air in the downstairs toilet tap or not the kitchen pressure remains the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:48 pm

I presume you are only talking about hot water pressure as the kitchen cold is your main cold feed into the house at mains pressure before going to the loft tank.

If you have an airlock you can try connecting the cold tap to the hot tap with a hose and blasting through for 20 seconds..... research how to do this properly first...... i'm not goign to type it all out as there is a project on it in the 'project section'.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:59 am