Drain hose connector
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
armytouch
Ganger
Ganger

Drain hose connector

by armytouch » Wed May 20, 2009 11:03 am

Hi hope you can help a friend of mine as just moved into a new flat,and wishes to install a washing machine however the washing machine is a long way from the sink where the drain pipe for the washing machine is,there is a drain hose already there which goes behind the units and the end appears near where the washing machine will go,i was wondering is it safe to connect her washing machine drainage hose to the existing one in the flat by using a drain hose connector and jubilee clips or will the pressure be to much while the washer is empting,or will the reduced hole size in the hose connector cause the water to build up behind and flow back into the washer?
Any help or suggestions on this matter would be grately appreciated.
thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Thu May 21, 2009 10:19 pm

armytouch,
If you have access to a decent hardware store they should keep washing machine wastes with all necessary fittings. Just make sure you route the pipe so you do not get a siphon effect.
end

armytouch
Ganger
Ganger

long pipe

by armytouch » Sat May 23, 2009 2:24 am

Hi thanks but i dont think you understand about question there is a long distance from the waste outlet and the washing machine,there is an existing pipe in place which connects to the sink outlet and goes behind the kitchen units but this pipe falls short,the pipe is complete with rubber end,can i join it to the end from the washing machine using a drain hose connector and jubilee clips or will the pressure be to much.
thanks.

steve the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by steve the plumber » Sat May 23, 2009 3:17 pm

You can get hoses of different sizes. Just make sure you have an arch in the pipe (normally plastic that goes on the wall and connect up to the waste.

Google "plumbworld" and have a look on there for a hose that is the correct length.

armytouch
Ganger
Ganger

hoses not long enough

by armytouch » Sun May 24, 2009 1:58 am

Hi, i have been trying to tell you that the distance from the outlet to the washing machine is to far for one hose to reach,there is already one in place from under the sink where it is plumbed into the the kitchen sink outlet and runs behind the kitchen units on floor level,i have taken the bend off the drain hose connected to the machine and want to know if i can connect both hoses together using a drain hose connector and jubilee clips to tighten hoses to the connector,will the jubilee clips keep the hoses together or will the pressure from the washing machine emptying be to much and pull them apart ?
thanks again.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun May 24, 2009 6:54 pm

armytouch,
Can only suggest you try joining the hoses and see what happens. Choose the connector carefully, the ribbed waste hose on washing machines can be difficult to seal.
end

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:33 am