Dripping new mono bloc tap
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
David Austin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Dripping new mono bloc tap

by David Austin » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:30 pm

I have just installed a new Bristan Shadow mono bloc tap in the kitchen. All the joints are dry but despite the fact I have checked both hot and cold water valves to make sure they are clean I am still getting a very slow drip from the spout. It takes about 5 minutes to form and then drip. Any advice or thoughts about how this can be resolved or what might be wrong? [/i]

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:29 pm

These "up and over" style of taps always drip! Its the residue of water in the tap making its way down to the spout under gravity where it gathers under surface tension. Eventually the weight ot water overcomes the surface tension and it drips. There is little you can do in reality.

Cheers

David Austin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the info

by David Austin » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:08 pm

[quote="rosebery"]These "up and over" style of taps always drip! Its the residue of water in the tap making its way down to the spout under gravity where it gathers under surface tension. Eventually the weight ot water overcomes the surface tension and it drips. There is little you can do in reality.

Cheers[/quote]

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Thanks for the info

by rosebery » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:22 pm

[quote="David Austin"][quote="rosebery"]These "up and over" style of taps always drip! Its the residue of water in the tap making its way down to the spout under gravity where it gathers under surface tension. Eventually the weight ot water overcomes the surface tension and it drips. There is little you can do in reality.

Cheers[/quote][/quote]

and? :)

Cheers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:40 am